ALS - EMST150
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) / Motor Neuron Disease (MND)
The EMST150 has been proven effective in strengthening weakened respiratory muscles, providing ALS patients with improved breathing and swallowing capabilities.
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) is a progressive disease which is also commonly known as Motor Neuron Disease (MND). Over time, ALS paralyzes the muscles that we use to breathe. One opportunity to delay breathing disability symptoms is to strengthen expiratory muscles with EMST training. Simple and easy muscle strength training with the EMST150 can provide ALS patients an opportunity to slow the progression of symptoms and enhance present quality of life.
After EMST training, clinical studies indicate that ALS patients experienced significantly increased expiratory pressure and enhanced swallowing function. These physical improvements translate into a slowing of disease symptom progression and a general improvement in the quality of life.
ALS patients currently living with severely impacted breathing capabilities may need to utilize the new EMST75 Lite which provides a significantly lower breath capability. The EMST75 Lite allows patients with significant existing breath limitations to begin improving their expiratory pressure before graduating to the EMST150 at a later time if desired.
- Strengthens Expiratory Muscle Strength
- Improves Expiratory Pressure & Swallowing Functions
- Can Delay Symptom Progression & Enhances Overall Quality of Life
- Improved Breathing Capabilities in as Little as Three to Four Weeks of Using the EMST150
- Available EMST75 Lite for ALS Patients with Severe Breathing Limitations
- Easy to Use, Drug-Free, No Risk Solution to Helping ALS Patients Live Better