Difficulties in swallowing can be common after Laryngectomy and finding a nutritional balance is even more difficult for some people. We have put together a list of tips, meal ideas and sites we think you could find useful.
- Sit upright
- Eat small meals regularly
- Eat plenty of: soups, smoothies, casseroles, meatloaf, fibre, herbal teas such as Green tea.
- We encourage steaming, slow cooking, soaking and stewing of foods to make foods easier to swallow.
- Avoid empty calories such as soft drink, coffee and sweets.
- Consider calorie, protein (lean meats, fish, chicken, tofu, dairy) and fat intake to assist recovery.
Genuinely Julie - Researcher, cancer survivor, health & wellness bloggerfor the Laryngectomee community, traveler, animal, nature, & pole fitness lover, making the most of this beautiful life!
Kitchen Q Video
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for informational purposes only. The information on this website www.mainmed.com.au should not be considered as any form of medical advice. This information should not replace any advice from your nutritionist, dietician or healthcare professional. You should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional before taking any products or following any advice that you believe may conflict with other forms of health care. Always consult your health care professional before you start, stop or change anything that has been previously prescribed. The information on this internet site is not meant to treat, diagnose, prescribe or cure any ailment.